The Effects Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of Effects Artists in the creation and execution of shot work on a production. The Effects Supervisor identifying all effects in a sequence and clarifying with the Director, VFX Supervisor, and Art Dept. The Effects Supervisor should mentor, guide and support the artists and to be able to effectively supervise the Effects team technically and artistically.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Supervise the Effects team by developing looks and giving direction, required to do hands on development and/or shot work.
· Understand the Directors’ vision for a film.
· Collaboration with the Production Manager to create the schedule and ensure the desired effects are delivered and that deadlines are met.
· Consistently look for a more efficient way of doing an effect.
· Work closely with the VFX Supervisor, ensure creative direction from VFX Supervisor and Directors are clearly passed on to the crew.
· Perform daily one-on-one rounds with FX Artist: critique work and assist with technical problem solving, and determine when effects are ready for review with VFX Supervisor.
· Develop/oversee any new technology required to meet the specific creative and technical needs of the show.
· 8+ years of experience including production experience in feature animation or major effects film. Bachelor’s degree (and up) in Computer Science or Computer Graphics or equivalent work experience
· Strong working knowledge of Houdini, and Python, Linux; Maya, Nuke, Arnold or Renderman renderer, CG Production pipeline experience desirable
· Demonstrate strong leadership skills and experience
· Highly proficient skills in technical problem solving
· Chinese speaking would be a plus
Please submit your resume to email@example.com