The Assets Supervisor is responsible for leading a the modeling/texture/look dev crew. Ensures the technical and creative success of modeling and surfacing in the animation film production. The Assets Supervisor should mentor, guide and support the artists and to be able to effectively supervise the modeling and surfacing team meets production deadlines. Solves technical production issues, defines workflows, and develops tools/frameworks for all assets in a feature animation film.
·Supervise the Assets team by developing looks and giving direction, May required to do hands on development and/or modeling or look dev work.
· Work with layout, lighting and animation to find economical ways to build sets that fulfill the creative and technical requirements of the show.
· Collaboration with the Production Manager to create the schedule and ensure the desired look are delivered and that deadlines are met.
· Consistently look for a more efficient way of modeling and look development.
· Work closely with the VFX Supervisor, Art director ensure creative direction from Directors are clearly passed on to the crew.
· Perform daily one-on-one rounds with Modeling and Surfacing Artists, critique work and assist with technical problem solving.
· Develop/oversee any new technology required to meet the specific creative and technical needs of the show.
· 5+ years of experience as a lead modeler in feature animation or major effects film. Excellent understanding of all stages of CG production
· Solid knowledge of anatomy, sense of design, form, scale and proportions in space;
· Strong working knowledge of Maya, Zbrush, Mari, Photoshop, Arnold renderer and CG Production pipeline tools
· Good understanding of the layout process and front end pipeline would be an asset
· Demonstrate strong leadership skills and experience
· Highly proficient skills in technical problem solving
· Chinese speaking would be a plus
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org